Aspyr announced today that the classic Nintendo 64 racing game, Star Wars Episode l: Racer, will arrive for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 on May 12 for $14.99. Fans can take control of a podracer speeding through flaming methane lakes, Tusken Raider assaults, anti-gravity tunnels, and much more in a pulse-pounding, do-or-die fight to the finish line.
Star Wars Episode l: Racer, the classic sci-fi racing game based on the podracing sequence in the film Star Wars™: The Phantom Menace™, is back with modernized controls.
- Twenty-five (25) playable racers including Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
- Race tracks spanning eight unique worlds including Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
- Players can work with pit droids to upgrade podracers for higher top speeds and acceleration
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master lap times
- Play single player campaigns or multiplayer via split-screen
Now This Is Podracing
“Star Wars fans can soon go full throttle with Aspyr’s update to the classic, fan-favorite, Star Wars Episode l: Racer,” said Elizabeth Howard, vice president of publishing at Aspyr. “The beloved game has been modernized for the most optimal gaming experience on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. Star Wars fans should get ready to steer their racer to victory and leave their opponents in the dust.”
Star Wars Episode l: Racer will be available for purchase on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 on May 12 for $14.99 USD. Sign up for the latest news via aspyr.com/StarWars. You can check out another great game from Aspyr that they released earlier this year under the Star Wars franchise. It was the Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is another classic game that you will love!